Travel information Bechyně
- Perhaps you have a spare place in your car, or you want a ride. Perhaps you intend to travel by air, train or bus and prefer to travel with others. If you want to travel together by car or public transport you can look at the list of participants. It shows how one intends to travel. Please feel free to take up contact with other participants. Probably you will find like-minded souls and can agree on a trip together.
- Those who travel by air or by train can make use of a special coach to Bechyně. This coach will wait at the bus stop near the main entrance of Hotel Diplomat on Evropská Street (metro stop Dejvická; all buses from the airport stop there too) in Prague from 14.30 h. It will be marked with 'La Pellegrina' posters on the windows. The assistants will be there to meet the participants. The bus will leave at 15.00 h and arrive in Bechyně at c. 17.00 h. The expenses for this coach, roughly EUR 200, will be divided over those participants who make use of it, some 10-12 people.
- Motorists coming from Western Europe are advised to use the following route: Frankfurt-Nürnberg-Amberg-border crossing Waidhaus/Rozvadov. Then keep following the motorway to Plzen until the exit for Ostrov u Stribra, head for Stod, Dobrany, Nepomuk, Písek. In Písek keep heading for Tábor. Shortly after crossing the river Vltava, turn right in the town Bernatice towards Bechyně.
- The address of the hostel where most participants will stay
CR-391 65 Bechyně, Czechia
- EU citizens need a valid passport or identity card for Czechia. Overseas travellers may need a visa. Czechia is part of the Schengen zone, so the border is hardly controlled. More information about visa can be found on the Czech embassy site.
- Bechyně has a few banks for changing money. There are two bankomats (ATM machines) which take foreign bank cards. Here you can find an electronic Currency Converter.
- The concerts will be performed in black & white, simple dress. Nothing fancy is required.
- Please bring along: instrument(s), music (including your own chamber music), music stand, towels. If you have a music stand light (and cords for it), please bring it, as the church where some concerts will take place is rather dark.
- The distance between the monastery and the hostel is about 15 minutes on foot. If possible, it can be a good idea to bring a bicycle.
The local train to Bechyně on the bridge over the river Lužnice