- Perhaps you have a spare place in your car, or you want a ride. Perhaps you intend to travel by air, train or bus and prefer to travel with others. If you want to travel together by car or public transport you can look at the list of participants. It shows how one intends to travel. Please feel free to take up contact with other participants. Probably you will find like-minded souls and can agree on a trip together.
- Those who travel by air or by train to Prague can best continue by train to České Budějovice. We suggest the following train connection: Prague main station (Praha hlavní nádraží) 14:33 - České Budějovice 17:01. It is only a 800 meter walk from the railway station to the conservatoire. We will meet this train with a car to take large instruments and luggage. Other public transport connections can be found on jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusymhdvse/spojeni/ (also available in English and German).
- Motorists coming from Western Europe are advised to use the following route: Frankfurt-Nürnberg-Amberg-border crossing Waidhaus/Rozvadov. Then keep following the motorway to Plzen until the exit for Ostrov u Stribra, head for Stod, Dobrany, Nepomuk, Písek. In Písek keep heading for Tábor. Shortly after crossing the river Vltava, keep going in the direction of České Budějovice.
- The address where the participants will stay
Konzervatoř - domov mládeže
370 61, České Budějovice, Czechia
- EU citizens need a valid passport or identity card for Czechia. Overseas travellers may need a visa. Czechia is part of the Schengen zone, so the border is hardly controlled. More information about visa can be found on the Czech embassy site.
- České Budějovice has many banks for changing money. There are several bankomats (ATM machines) which take foreign bank cards. Here you can find an electronic Currency Converter.
- The concerts will be performed in black & white, simple dress. Nothing fancy is required.
- Please bring along: instrument(s), music (including your own chamber music), music stand.
- It is customary in Czechia to have two hot meals per day. Diets can be taken into account.